Monday 15 October 2007

Microsoft SkyDrive

After reading this link on theinquirer I decided to give Skydrive a go. Even though SkyDrive is in Beta it was a nice experience in terms of sharing files with a simple UI , and now due to the free upgrade to 1 GB the service is now pretty useful as a storage resource that I would consider using on a daily basis.

The best thing that struck me about the experience was that as an MSN user I logged straight in using my Passport account - Ah if only other sites were that simple!

So all in all we're going to be using this at work more and more when VPN isn't available at customer sites and we need to exchange files. Just be aware that it's generally going to be used as a file repository for techies and it's not a replacement for Sharepoint!

No comments: