Sunday 9 December 2007

Jed tries Vodka infusion thing...

After visiting my good friend Mark who was making all sorts of alcoholic homebrews I couldn't help but get excited about seeing what I could come up with!

I went to my local Wilkinsons (The bigger store the better) and Sainsburys, and picked up:
  • 2x demijohns and CO2 release valve corks
  • 1x bag of cherries (405g it turned out to be after de-stalking)
  • 1x bag of 500g frozen "Summer fruits" consisting of blackberries, rasberries, strawberries and redcurrents
  • 2 Litres of cheapo Vodka
  • 1KG castor sugar

So I have no idea if this procedure was the right way of doing things, or in fact I have no idea how long to leave the mixture but heyho, it'll still be a merry Christmas!

I tried to dry up the fruit as much as possible but I found the frozen stuff was rather juicy! I didn't bother cutting up or pitting the cherries (Maybe I should have done?), chucked it all into the jug with 500g of sugar, and then lobbed in the Vodka.

Will post to say how tasty it is!

No comments: